The Credit Union COVID-19 Emergency Loan is financed by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and is intended to provide funds to members so that they can continue to pay their bills and feed their families until their circumstances can be improved or when they can turn around their situations.
- Must be a national or resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Earned income from employment or business in Trinidad and Tobago during the thirty (30) days immediately prior to March 15th, 2020
- Experience a loss or reduction in income/earnings due to the Covid-19 regulations and restrictions
Each 'borrower' shall provide to his/her Credit Union such as but not limited to:
- Completed COVID-19 Credit Union Emergency Loan Application Form
- Provide supporting documents - IDs showing nationality/residency, proof of address, proof of employment (job letter or last payslip)
- Provide evidence showing loss of income/earnings
- *Other information acceptable to the Credit Union - this may vary depending on the Credit Union*
- Must ensure the applicant is a bona fide member in good standing of the credit union
- Process the application and where approved, make funding available within five (5) business days from receipt of the completed application.
- Create and maintain proper records.
Download the loan application form by clicking>> COVID-19 Credit Union Emergency Loan Application Form