In commemoration of International Women’s Day 2021, the Central Finance Facility (CFF) invites you to attend our IWD celebratory brunch carded for Monday March 8, 2021 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. The event will take place:
- In person at the Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain (all COVID-19 protocols observed); and
- Virtually (via Zoom) for those wishing to participate using that medium.
The United Nation’s (UN) Women in their 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development lists seventeen (17) sustainable goals which are “integrated and indivisible” – with Gender Equality at its core. The 2030 Agenda is a commitment by all countries and stakeholders to take a new direction towards viable development through powerful universal action, new partnerships, adequate financing and a unified approach to achieving all goals. These objectives include Poverty eradication, Proper Healthcare access, Equal Educational opportunities, Decent Work and Economic Growth and Peace and Security. These are all substantive issues which addresses multi-dimensional inequality within and between countries through which the 2030 Agenda is commit resolute to “leaving no one behind”.
As part of our annual contribution to celebrate and support our Women in the Cooperative Movement, we continue to do our part to champion these goals. Therefore, in order to fully understand the professional, social, safety and educational challenges and victories experienced by women on their journey towards contributing to these UN ideals, the CFF brings together women within our Cooperative movement to discuss such topics of utmost priority. This is also important as we raise our voices to safeguard our women, following the unfortunate incidents involving women in various communities. We must all join our cooperative hands and take a stand.
To share their journeys of trials and triumphs, and to provide engagement and support are the following panelists:
- Dr. Maryam Richards, Principal Medical Officer Institutions– #ChoosetoChallege: Women on the frontline. Safeguarding a nation in the midst of a pandemic.
- Mrs. Renne Bain-Keller, T & T Police Officer & Beautician – #ChoosetoChallenge: Identifying and addressing violence against women. Overcoming fear and reducing vulnerability.
- Mrs. Denise Stoute, TECU Credit Union – #ChoosetoChallenge: Women in Senior Management in the Financial Industry. Inspiring the young female leaders in the Credit Union Movement.
Who Should Attend: Cooperative Women and Men
- Hyatt Regency – Nine hundred dollars ($900.00) per participant
- Virtual platform – Five hundred dollars ($500.00) per participant
For the Zoom platform, each participant is required to download the app to a suitable device such as a laptop or desktop and have a working headset and microphone if necessary, to fully benefit from the workshop. The link will be provided to your organization two days prior to commencement of the event and on the day of the event to the email addresses provided.
Click here to REGISTER