Date(s) - 21/05/2016 - 22/05/2016
Categories No Categories
Target Audience: Credit Union Supervisory Committee Members
Description: This course will outline the duties and responsibilities of the Supervisory Committee including internal auditing.
Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- Describe the legal framework within which the Supervisory Committee operates.
- Apply laws and principles therein to selected situations.
- Understand the Supervisory Committee’s functions and how they are executed
- Understand and appreciate the principles of internal auditing
- The Supervisory committee
- The legal basis
- Duties and responsibilities
- Executing the Supervisory Committee’s mandate
- Relationship with the Board/other committees/members
- Internal Auditing
- Audit objectives and principles
- Internal controls
- Financial statement analysis
- Handling members’ complaints and conflicts of interest
Contact Hours: 14 Hours
Dates: 20th & 21st May, 2016
Cost: $2,800 TT
Facilitators: Joel Edwards & Yaseen Khan